Wednesday, April 21, 2010

earth day: down by the sea


My son hasn't stopped talking about Earth Day since he learned about it in school. "Thursday is Earth Day, Mom!" he has told me repeatedly over the past week. So I've been trying to do things here and there to help commemorate it--taking him along to the garbage disposal to do the recycling, rinsing out his disposable drinking cups so he can use them again, and introducing him to eco-friendly products. Depth is one of our favorite brands. Cool ocean-blue packaging, an all-natural forumla and good-for-you therapeutic sea ingredients. The products are 70% organic, 100% vegetarian, hypo-allergenic and paraben, phthalate, SLS and synthetic fragrance-free. What's more, the bottles are made from 50% post consumer waste and the graphic design on the bottles are silk-screened to avoid excessive waste associated with label production. Someone must really love our planet to think of all these details. My kids love the hydrating shampoo (it doubles as a bubble bath!), conditioner (gets the knots out of my daughter's unruly tresses), and hand soaps (they both love the clean scent and the fact that they can maneuver the pump bottle themselves ($7.99-$9.99). Check out the complete line at www.depthbody.com, www.wholefoods.com, or www.drugstore.com.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to thank you for this fantastic write-up, I definitely loved each and every little bit of it. I have bookmarked your internet site to look at the latest stuff you post.

    ReplyDelete